Sunday, February 7, 2010

Making Progress!

Greetings All,

Well treatment number 5 has come and gone. I'm down to 3 left, at least I'm pretty sure we have 3 left. The most important news of the week is that I got the results of my chest CT back. The tumor has shrunk from 4.4 cm x 6.5 cm to 3.5 cm x 1.1 cm!!

My oncologist was very happy with the progress so I can't complain. I'm not exactly a math wizard but by my calculations that means the tumor has shrunk by more than half the size it was originally. It does give you a little mental boost but treatments are still tough. It's little things like today being Super Bowl Sunday, a day I normally look forward to good football and a lot of eating but nothing sounds good to my stomach today. Overall I'm feeling better on day 3 than I normally have been feeling. Day 3 usually entails me sleeping all day and feeling pretty down but I'm not doing so bad mentally and I'm surprisingly concscious.

Not much else to report. I wanted to share the good news from the scan and as an added bonus I finally uploaded a haircut picture for all to enjoy. I'm thinking the mohawk works!!

Peace,
Ben

5 comments:

  1. Yay! First the Saints win (well, 35 seconds to winning) and then I read your great post! Such good news, Ben! Please say hello to Kim for me, and give her a big smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great news!!!!!!! You are doing awesome! Hope that 3 is it and you are DONE! Love you guys! and love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been thinking about you guys.


    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the good news from your scans! Hope all of you are having some good days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben,

    Wow! I just finished reading all your entries and you are in my prayers, friend! My mom ran into yours today, who told her what you've been going through. Reading this now, I'm in awe of your strength and honesty (although not surprised!) and I'm SO thankful for the positive scans. Just got your number and will call soon, if you're up for talking.

    Much love to your whole family,
    Jen
    jennymsteele@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete